During 2 day, we had the pleasure to celebrate the 2020 International Day of People with Disabilities.
The last 2nd and 3rd of December, the European project Mind Inclusion has hosted 3 webinars and invited great speakers and experts to have interesting and enriching debates on 3 topics: the impact of the COVID19 on People with Disabilities, the views of youth on disability and inclusive technology, the link between digital and People with Disabilities. The International Day of People with Disabilities was a great opportunity to celebrate together and to give an overall picture of the situation of People with Disabilities.
Thank you to all the participants who participated in the discussion panels during the 2 days!
Thank you to all the panelists who made the 3 webinars interesting and inspiring for all of us:
- Cooperativa Margherita
- Jane Wambui Muiruri-Ndirangu – Arthur’s Dream Autism Trust-ADAT Foundation
- Evert-Jan Hoogerwerf, Director of the WeCareMore Centre for Research and Innovation of AIAS Bologna onlus and Board member of the EASPD – European Association of Service Providers for the People with Disabilities
- Kamil Goungor, Development Officer – ENIL – European Network on Independent Living
- Alicia Gómez Campos, Senior Public Affairs and Community Officer – EPR – European Platform of Rehabilitation
- Sara Minkara – Founder – ETI – Empowering Through Integration
- Anna Barbosa – Executive Director – ETI – Empowering Through Integration
- Helen Portal, Policy and Advocacy Officer – Inclusion Europe
- Celia Alonso Hernando, Psychologist – Fundación Aspanias Burgos
- Sandra Martínez Molina – Polibienestar
- Giulia Onorati, Project Manager – Social IT
- David Krivec, Secretary general – Spominčica – Alzheimer Slovenia
- Prof Sara Pavia, Dept of Civil Engineering – Trinity College Dublin, SUSKIDS project
About “The Mind Inclusion 2.0” project
Started in November 2018 and funded by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Commission, the Mind Inclusion 2.0 project aims to find sustainable and inclusive solutions that help caregivers improve their skills, on one hand, and allow disabled individuals to participate in social life on the other hand. The APP that the project is developing wishes to help the People with Disabilities to have access to public spaces and to exercise their rights. The project consortium gathers lead partner Margherita: Società Cooperativa Onlus (Italy) together with Polibienestar Research Institute, INTRAS Foundation (Spain), Social IT Software & Consulting Srl (Italy), Lietuvos sutrikusio intelekto zmoniu globos bendrija «Viltis» (Lithuania) and ALDA (France).
→ For more information on the project, please contact the project manager, Andrea Giaretta at: email@example.com